A Mosquito free summer on Long Island can be enjoyed if you hire experts to create a mosquito free zone around your home. But even without the experts, here are some tips of things you can do yourself to reduce mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes are more than just annoying. Their bites can make you sick, and worse, they are responsible for more human deaths than any other living creature.
Here are some helpful tips to reduce mosquito activity in your home or business.
A Mosquito Free Summer on Long Island
- Eliminate all standing water, check gutters, planters, kids toys and garbage pails.
- Remove excess leaves, grass, debris and wood piles from yard.
- Keep grass cut short.
- Fix any leaking hoses, sprinklers or sinks.
- Turn anything that can hold water upside down.
- Get neighbors involved, you don’t want mosquitoes breeding right next door.
- Stay inside at dawn and dusk, this is their peak biting time.
- Avoid flowery perfumes which are very attractive to mosquitoes.
If you want to experts involved to help create a mosquito free summer around your home, then call the pest control experts at Sayonara Pest Control. Call or email us today to get started